To provide year-round spiritual programs and resources that engage, educate, and inspire the Hare Krishna youth with values and skills that will last a lifetime.
As a vital part of the Hare Krishna Movement, PRIYA, is dedicated to providing year-round spiritual programs and resources that will spark spiritual and secular identity development for all youth of the Hare Krishna community.
Values & Beliefs
PRIYA is founded on the following beliefs:
- Srila Prabhupada, founder of ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness), is our standard-bearer.
- Youth are ISKCON’s future leaders
- For youth to become ladies and gentlemen who are compassionate to all living beings.
- One should not become a source of anxiety to others by the actions of his body, by the thoughts of his mind, or by his words.
- For youth to engage in joyous, selfless adventures on behalf of the Supreme Lord
- For youth to understand the value of bringing members of the Society together with each other and nearer to Krishna, thus developing the idea within the members, and humanity at large, that each soul is part and parcel of the quality of God.
- To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to ISKCON’s youth and to educate them in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
- One should search out a bona fide spiritual master who can lead him gradually to the stage of spiritual realization.
- One should adhere to the tenets of the revealed scriptures.
Goals and Objectives
Goal 1 – Help youth develop a strong sense of identity within the community and acculturate in all spheres of life.
Objective 1 – Create programs that connect youth together.
Objective 2 – Connect youth with their community by establishing rites of passage.
Objective 3 – Provide resources and support through programs, such as mentoring, to assist youth with the pressures of life.
Goal 2 – To provide education that teaches scriptural tenets and values that foster conscious living.
Objective 1 – Develop programs that guide and teach youth scriptural tenets found in Srila Prabhupada’s teachings.
Objective 2 – Develop programs that guide and teach youth values such as:
Goal 3 – To inspire love for God in youth by engaging in joyous and selfless acts of service.
Objective 1 – Facilitate experiences so that youth can cultivate a personal relationship with God.
Objective 2 – Provide opportunities for youth to engage in joyous, selfless adventures.